Monday, November 21, 2011

Backyard Ethanol - Part 5 - The Findings

Backyard Ethanol - Part 5 - The Findings Video Clips.





Part Five of my ongoing series on making homemade ethanol and running your cars & things off of it. In this episode I display all of the facts regarding cost, and discuss the ultimate feasibility (or lack thereof) of producing your own ethanol for fuel use. Feel free to debate me & try to tell me that I am wrong, or that I don't know what I'm doing (I already know that). Until you have done it for yourself, you aren't properly equipped to debate anything, so I don't want to hear anybody reciting any ethanol propaganda. Sorry, you can't see my math. Here it is: ####Math pertaining to MY Brew#### Raw materials: cornmeal, 5lb : $ 1.74 cornmeal, 5lb : $ 1.74 Sugar, 10lb : $ 4.57 yeast, 1oz : $ .98 total: : .01 (in the video I used .50 instead of , I will account for the dicrepancy with adjusted number in parentheses with a star) I spent .50(*.01) and got 1.75L of 150 proof 1.75L = .33gal If .33Gal = .50(*.01), then 1gal = .50(*) (still 150 proof) So, if we calculate the additional raw materials needed to distill this 150 proof to 195 proof and still produce 1 gallon, the price comes up to roughly (*)/gal, just in raw materials. Now factoring in labor. Min wage in TX is .25/hr. It took me 6 hrs to make. 6hrs * .25 = .50 in labor. Labor (.50) + Raw Materials ((*)) comes out to .5(*.5)/gallon. ###Math pertaining to BEST CASE SCENARIO Brew### Raw materials: .50(*.01) Assuming that the magical 10% rule actually works for you ...

Keywords: distilling, distill, corn, sugar, mash, alcohol, ethanol, alternative, energy, fuel, methanol, moonshine, still, science, experiment, testing, generator, internal, combustion, engine, condenser, boiler

Patio Table Covers With Umbrella Hole sofa reupholstering

No comments:

Post a Comment